You might be wondering why your cat hates you but loves everybody else, yet you do everything for it and loves it wholeheartedly.
While cats are affectionate and loving pets, they are also known for their mystery and resilience.
If you have lived with cats in a home with several members, you may have realized that some cats prefer some members over others.
Whether your cat has a favorite person or not, the preference comes to various aspects, such as how well socialized the pet was during its early days.
Discover why cats hate you and love others and what you can do about this below.
DISCLOSURE: https://catloverhere.com/ is reader supported so if you buy any products featured on this site I may earn an affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my full disclosure here.
6 Signs Your Cat Hates You But Loves Everyone Else
You might deeply love your cat, but it may not reciprocate this affection. While it’s pretty hard for a cat to hate you entirely, it may develop some mistrust and fear towards you.
Here are the signs that show your cat secretly hates you.
1) They Keep Hiding from You (But Only You)
Pet behaviorists say that a hiding cat is an unhappy cat. A cat that’s hiding from you is not comfortable around you.
In some cases, a cat may hide if it’s unfamiliar with a new space or family member. If this is the case, you should consider giving it a personal space so it can adjust and breathe.
However, if the cat has been around for a while and still hides from you, it could be a sign of underlying health problems, and you should visit a veterinary office immediately.
2) They have a Horizontal Tail Whenever You Go Near Them
Cats not only use their tails for balance but also to express emotions. A cat’s tail is exceptionally expressive, using it to express its feelings.
A “question mark” shape and upright tail indicates that your cat has a positive mood. However, tail puffing, lashing, and lowered horizontal tail should worry you.
A general lowered or lowered horizontal tail shows that the cat is in a state of retreat, aggressiveness, or fear. It might also indicate a hostile mood.
Check how tucked or lowered the tail is because the lower it is, the more stressed the cat is.
3) They Walk Away from You (And Only You)
If you attempt to play with your cat and it walks away, it could be unhappy. While it’s normal for cats to turn down playtime, a regular disinterest in playful interactions may mean that the cat isn’t happy around you.
4) They Bite You (But No One Else)
Most experts say that cat bites are clear signs of hatred. Biting is normal for kittens, but full-grown cats shouldn’t have this habit.
If you try to reach your cat and it bites you, it means it’s not content with you.
5) They Hiss at You
If you notice hissing in a fully-grown cat, it might mean it’s unhappy and feels threatened. However, growling, swatting, and hissing are normal behaviors in kittens.
6) The Cat is Friendly to Everybody Except You
If your cat is attentive and cuddly to other family members and visitors but refuses to engage with you, it might be a sign it has personal issues with you.
Try to find the problems and give the cat all its essentials. Perhaps you forgot to clean the litter box or refill the water bowl.
How to Make Your Cat Love You – 4 Best Ways
1) Socialize with it From the Start
Play or cuddle with your cat from the beginning to let it know that you are a dependable source for social interaction.
If the cat comes to play then do not ignore it or avoid playing with it – it will quickly learn you aren’t interested.
2) Search for Communication Cues
Your cat might approach you when looking for something like interaction or meals, whether through cuddles or playtime. So, make yourself available when such time comes.
The key is learning the Cat Language Bible…
3) Respect Their Personal Space
While social interaction is vital, some cats prefer to spend time alone. If your cat walks away to nap or hide, give it time to unwind.
Factor in that building a lasting and solid relationship takes time and effort. Since some cats are faster at bonding than others, you should give your cats enough time to create the much-desired bond.
4) Give It Space To Play, Relax And Enjoy It’s Self
Giving cats a room of the house or an area of a room where they can relax, sleep, and play will make them feel more wanted and at ease with you.
Give It A Nice Cat Bed
Cats need a comfy place to sleep that makes them feel warm and safe, providing one will make them more relaxed around you and could help with it’s interactions with you.
Here’s a really good cat bed to help them relax…
- DESIGN FEATURES:Our cat and dog bed features nest-like walls filled with high-loft polyester to promote security.Round pet bed offers a safe, cozy place for a cat or small dog to snooze.Round shape is great for pets to curl up and snuggle down for a peaceful sleep. Raised sides provide support for pets' head, neck. It filled with high-loft polyester that surround pets to promote feelings of security.
- BED SIZE:The 20 inch round pet bed is perfect for cats, small dogs and other pets up to 15 lbs.
- NON-SLIP SAFETY: Non-skid bottom keeps the cat bed in place for worry-free placement on tile and hardwood floors in the home.
- MACHINE WASHABLE:Easy wash and care, wash the entire cat bed on the gentle cycle with cold water and tumble dry in low heat
- WHAT YOU CAN GET: TEMPCORE is always on the way for your comfort solution, we’re confident on the quality under our brand, we guarantee to provide you 30 days return or replacement, we want all of our customers satisfied with our products, if you need any assistance or have further questions, please feel free to contact us. want our customers to be 100% happy and satisfied.
Give Your Cat Play Space
Likewise, giving the cat it’s own play area and allowing it to have fun at home can make the cat friendlier and therefore more likely to be affectionate to you.
Here’s a popular cat tree that most cats love…
- 🌱Quality and Protective Materials: The multi-level cat tree is composed of good quality 0.5in particle board with 400g skin-friendly plush covering, reinforced posts are wrapped with natural sisal rope for cats to scratch and sharpen their claws without damaging your own furniture.
- 🌱Lovely and Lively Designs: 2 spacious hideaway houses offer super soft and warm lounging spots, sisal rope coiled posts help develop positive scratching habit, 3 top perches platform to enjoy the feeling of being at the top of the world and sit on to look out the window, multi-layer tower meets the climbing nature of kittens. With this cat condo, your kitty could enjoy all day on this tree.
- 🌱Sturdy and Stable: Stability is always the priority. The bottom base is reinforced to ensure the stability of the whole cat tree, anti-toppling fittings are included for double security.
- 🌱Two Interactive Balls: The cat condo hangs two fur balls which will add extra fun for cats. round platform Dia.: 12”, big room:19.5"Lx9.6"Wx9.4’’H, small room: 11.2"L x 11.2"Wx 9.5’’H, Max Load Capacity up to 44Lb. This cat tree is for small and medium cats, if your cat is too big, pls don't purchase!
- 🌱Easy to Assemble and Nice Looking: Its attractive look can be compatible with any room décor as a piece of nice pet furniture.. All the hardware and tools are included. If you have any questions about our cat tower, please feel free to contact us!
Here’s How To Communicate With Your Cat And Make Them Love You More
Learning how to effectively communicate with a cat is the key to then showing love to you. Think about it…
Cat’s can’t say “I love you” and don’t know the same actions that we humans know that show love.
They have no idea that running away from you, refusing to sit on your lap, and not snuggling up with you at night is what humans consider unloving,
They learn to be affectionate with you through other means but if you’re not talking the same language as them they will be just as clueless as you are about what’s going on in your relationship.
The key is learning the Cat Language Bible…
If you’re wondering what Cat Language Bible is – It’s a guide in PDF form that will be sent to you via email
If you’re skeptical that’s understandable
…and if you’re not happy or think it’s not working you can get a full refund
That gives you plenty of time to work through the guide
I’m sure you’ll learn a lot too
Here’s what they are
- The Cat Care Guide
- Training Your Cat
- A-Z Feline Nutrition
- FREE lifetime updates
These are all free that come with Cat Language Bible
Not bad right?
Oh and there’s a special offer
You get $10 OFF the original price
How long will this offer last?
I have no idea
Why do Cats Choose a Favorite Person?
Communication is one of the main reasons your cat may gravitate towards one person over you.
While cats are seen as independent and reserved, they tend to be communicators. They also have a unique appreciation for individuals who recognize their requirements.
Besides meowing for different reasons, cats might use body language to express their feeling. So, a cat may be attracted to a person who better understands its body language.
Your skills to adjust to your cat’s preferred communication method may break or make your relationship.
All cats are different. Thus, the best response to your cat’s body language and meows may incorporate playtime, physical interaction, and respecting their space and meals.
Furthermore, a cat may prefer others over you because they offer it the best lap for catnaps.
Why does my cat cuddle with everyone but me?
There are many reasons including…
- You have over time shown it that you don’t always want to cuddle and it’s learned that lesson.
- You hold or cuddle it in a way that’s uncomfortable for the cat.
- It’s intimidated by you – if you’re big, tall, have a loud voice or worse been shouting it picks up on that and even if you’ve never intentionally intimated the cat it’s still scared.
- You don’t show it enough attention anymore – chances are things have become the norm for you and your cat and you don’t spend as much time together as before whereas when other people come into the house they are keen to shower it with affection.
Discovering ways to communicate with your cat effectively is crucial for showing it your love.
What can I do to Make My Cat Love Me?
Here’s how to make your cat love you more…
- Learn how to communicate with them using Cat Language Bible
- Socialise with your cat from day 1 – playing, cuddling, and engaging.
- When your cat approaches you and tries to communicate then make time for it.
- Respect their personal space – if the cat is showing you it doesn’t want to be bothered then leave it alone until it’s ready to interact.
Last update on 2022-06-07 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API