In this article you’re going to discover what is the best high sided litter box
If you’re tired of cleaning cat urineÂ outside of the litter boxÂ because your cat keeps peeing standing or they keep having accidents then you’re going to love this article
Let’s get started!
The cat litter box plays such an important part in your cats life
We may not think of it but when you do, you realize this is something they use everyday
So choosing the right one is very important
You don’t want to spend so much money on a litter box only to realize your cat don’t like using it
Or your cat is peeing outside the litter box because it’s too small
Lucky for you I have reviewed the best litter boxes that have high side walls which will make it easier for your cat to pee inside the litter
And save you the trouble of cleaning the outside of the litter box
Here’s my best overall litter box that is high sided that you should get
Best Overall High Sided Litter Box – Litter Robot 3
This is by far the best litter box you will ever get
I mean how cool does that look?
Would look awesome in your house
Besides how cool it looks, It will keep your cat from spraying outside the litter box or making any mess
It’s enclosed so your cat won’t be able to pee outside of it by mistake
You won’t get a better litter box than this
All cat parents that have purchased this love it and recommends it every other cat parent
You might be wondering
What is the Litter Robot?
It’s not a robot for sure
But it kinda works like one
It’s a self cleaning litter box
That means – you never have to clean the litter boxÂ ever againÂ
The cleaning is done on it’s own
You just have to remove the waste at the bottom of the litter robot and discard it
Imagine how much life will get easier by this?
Cleaning the litter box is a chore and it can become tiring
Especially if you work full time
You come home and want to relax but you realize the litter box needs cleaning
If you don’t clean it then your cat won’t use it because it’s dirty
Which means – your carpet will have a puddle of urine and somewhere in the house you’ll find cat poo!
Don’t even get me started on how bad the house will smell!
Okay, so how does it work, you ask?
How does the Litter Robot works?Â
It’s pretty amazing how this works
The Litter Robot detects when your cat enters the litter robot
This is by a weight sensitive switch
When your cat is in the litter robot doing their business the litter robot won’t start
It’s pretty safe
When does it clean?
You set a timer when you want it to start
For example, 15 minutes after the cat has left the Litter Robot
So what happens is once your cat leaves the Litter Robot
15 minutes later it will start to rotate and clean itself
I know what you’re thinking
What if your cat goes back into the litter robot?
The Litter Robot will detect this and stop completely
So it’s pretty safe and your cat will love it for sure
Will they be scared?
All cats are curious right?
But once they know it’s safe to use then it’s all good
Here’s a quick video showing how it works
As you can see in the video your cat won’t make any mess at all
It’s high sided and enclosed too
Another important note
Cleaning the litter box is very important
You don’t want cat litter that is full of urine and poop to linger around
It’s dangerous for your cat and for you and your family
That’s why it’s important to clean the litter right away
Which makes my point even stronger to have a self cleaning litter box like the Litter Robot because you know that after 15 minutes – there will be fresh litter
Here’s some other good news
You can get $25 OFF your purchase
It’s a special offer they have
I don’t know how long this offer is for so you might want to act quick and take advantage
Want to learn more about the Litter Robot?
I have written a very in-depth review about it which pretty much covers everything
You can check it our by clicking the link below
The price is high but you get what you pay for
It comes with a warranty too so if anything goes wrong at least you have that piece of mind that it will get fixed without costing any more
Best Budget High Sided Litter Box
If you can’t afford something like the Litter Robot
Or maybe you just don’t want a automatic self cleaning litter box then that’s completely okay
So here’s a really popular litter box that is high sided and is very affordable
- High sides to prevent litter scatter
- Care and cleaning: Spot or wipe clean
- Non-stick surface for easy cleaning
- Item dimension: 23.4 inches Length x 18.25 inches Width x 11 inches Height
- Packaging may vary
What I love about Natures miracle high sided litter box is it’s simplicity
Plain and simple and does the job of keeping cat urine inside the litter box if your cat loves to spray or pees outside by accident
The walls are about 10 inches high which is more than enough to make sure no accidents happen
It’s open top so your cat does not feel trapped although some cats love their privacy!
The low entry makes it easier for any cat to enter it
So if your cat is elderly or has arthritis then it would be very ideal for them too
It’s made with a special non stick surface that makes it easier to clean
It’s also antimicrobial which protects the product
The main thing is it has high sided walls which will prevent any accidents and will also prevent cat litter scattering outside of the litter box when your cat digs to bury their feces
You can get yours by clicking hereÂ
Here’s another awesome litter box for your high spraying cat
- PREVENTS LITTER TRACKING: The patented design of the Modkat top-entry litter box nearly eliminates litter tracking. The locking lid acts as a walk-off mat that keeps litter in the box and off of your floors.
- SWIVEL LID = EASY CLEANING: Simply swivel and scoop. Any litter left on the lid will drop neatly inside when the lid is opened.
- REUSABLE LINER: The Modkat Reusable Liners are tailored to fit neatly inside the Modkat Litter Box. They are rip-resistant and easy to clean. Liners can last up to 3 months.
- LOOKS GREAT IN YOUR HOME: The award-winning, modern design looks great and complements any room.
- ALL-IN-ONE SOLUTION: Comes with everything you need; a full height seamless base to prevent leaks, an easy open swivel lid, large hanging litter scoop, and a reusable tarp liner for effortless litter removal.
A open entry litter box is popular among cat parents
And also cats too
Cats love their privacy and the Modkat litter box provides just that
If you want to make sure 100% the urine and litter stay inside the litter box then this is the one for you
Take a look at the picture
There is no chance of litter being scattered everywhere or cat pee somehow getting outside – no chance at all
What about when my cat leaves the litter box – the litter on his paw will leave cat litter scattered outside
Here’s what I love about this solution to the problem
At the top of the litter box the lid is grated
So when your cat walks on the top it will remove any litter stuck to your cats paws
Not bad right?
Overall it’s a pretty cool litter box that will ensure there is no urine accident or litter being tracked everywhere
But just with any products there are cons
And it’s fair to mention them too
- Not all cats like using a top entry litter box – some cats feel trapped
- Your cats head will stick out when they do their business which may be uncomfortable for your cat
- Because it’s a open top litter box the smell of cat urine and cat poop is not covered
- The price may be a bit on the high side so not ideal for those who are on a budget
Overall it’s a awesome litter box that will keep litter inside the box and also ensure there is no accidents
It will also go well with any of your home decor too!
You can check out their reviews by clicking hereÂ
Best High Sided Cat Litter Boxes
These are my top 3 high sided litter box
They are all pretty good and will do the job of keeping cat urine inside the litter box
These litter boxes will also make sure cat litter is not being scattered everywhere
My number one recommendation is the Litter Robot because it saves you a lot of time from cleaning
At least you know that cat urine is not being spilled over the top because the litter robot is enclosed
You never have to clean the litter box again because this does it automatically
Knowing the litter box is clean everyday gives you a piece of mind too
1 – you know the litter box is cleaned so your cat will most likely use it – no issues
2 – Its healthy and safe because having a dirty litter box can cause harm to your cats health and your health too
Make sure to take advantage of their special offer
What to look out for when buying a high sided litter box?
You might think looking for a litter box that is high sided is a simple thing to do
But there are many other factors to consider when you think about all the details that will be best for your cat
Here’s some important factors to consider
- Size Of Litter Box – The size of the litter box is very important because you don’t want to get something too big for your house. You want to get something that is ideal for your cat to have enough room to do their business. You don’t want your cat to feel trapped in the litter box. There should be enough room for them
- Hooded litter box or no hood? – All cats are different and some cats love their privacy whereas other cats can feel scared being enclosed inside their litter box. To be honest, your cat will get used to any litter box but you know your cat better than I do
- Entrance Into The Litter Box -Â Is your cat old? Does he find it hard to jump onto things now? or maybe your cat has arthritis then getting a litter box that is easy to get into is very important as it will make it easier for your cat to use. If your cat is young and energetic then a high entry litter box will be ideal for them.
- Shape – Â Where are you going to put the litter box? if it’s in the corner then make sure it’s something that will fit there perfectly. Or if you are putting anywhere in the house then you can choose whichever shape you think will look good with your home decor
Where To Put The High Sided Litter Box
Just as choosing the litter box is important
Where to put it is important too
You want to put the litter box someplace where it’s easily accessible for your cat
So when your cat wants to use it – it’s easy for them otherwise if you put it some place where your cat has to do a lot of work to get there – chances are your cat will stop using the litter box altogether!
Try to avoid putting the litter box near their food bowl because I’m sure your cat won’t want to do their business where they eat their food
Avoid the laundry room or in a room where there is a lot of noise such as dishwasher or washing machine
This will scare your cat and create a negative experience using the litter box
That means litter box avoidance which leads to your cat peeing everywhere
If you have a small apartment and struggling to find a place then check out my article
I actually have a article about the best litter boxes to get for small spaces
So if you don’t have much space to play with then check out my article best cat litter boxes for small spacesÂ
How To Make a DIY High Sided Litter Box
If you are a DIY person then maybe you can create your own high sided litter box
Honestly, I have no idea how you can make this because I have never made it myself!
I know you can use a storage bin or something
Petprojectblog have some awesome ideas on how you can do this
Me personally, I would rather buy a litter box
Can You Teach Your Cat To Stop Peeing High?
You don’t want to interfere with your cat in the way they pee
It’s best to leave them to it because it may cause them stress
And when a cat is stressed this can lead to litter box avoidance
Trust me, you don’t want to be dealing with that
The best thing to do is get a high sided litter box
There are plenty out there
I have recommended my top 3 which will suit your cat who sprays high or has accidents
Here are some other high sided litter box that you could consider
- Ideal for cats who like to dig
- High polished finish that is odor and stain resistant
- Ideal for cats who urinate “high”; high sides reduces messes
- Easy to clean
A very affordable litter box that has high sided walls
You can’t go wrong with this one
The dimension is as follows
Size: 21.25—17.75—9 inches
It’s big and can accommodate your cat well
Let’s look at the pros and cons
- Very affordable for those cat parents that are on a budget or don’t want to spend too much
- Easy cleaning
- Great at minimizing cat litter scattering
- High sided walls means your cat won’t able to pee over the litter box
- The entrance to the litter box is slightly high so not ideal for elderly cats or cats that may be suffering from arthritis
- The material may be less durable because it’s not a expensive model
You can check it out by clicking here
- THERE IS A NEWER VERSION OF THIS ITEM THE NRA15-V5.0
- Easy to use
- Cleans in seconds. Clean litter drops back into the pan while the waste deposits into a convenient pull-out tray for quick and easy disposal
- Does not require electricity, liners or filters
- Suitable for small to Medium cats
Looks pretty cool right?
It’s a self cleaning litter box
Here’s the surprise though
It does not use any electricity
And it doesn’t cost a fortune!
How does it work?
You just tilt the box sideways and the mess goes away just like that
Okay it’s a bit more than that but you can read it over at Amazon as it explains it better
But if you hate scooping and can’t afford the Litter Robot then this litter box may be the perfect one for you
It has high sided walls so you know litter tracking won’t happen neither any urine accidents
The only downside is
It does not scoop all the litter when you tilt it
So you basically still have to scoop
It makes it easier I guess but a self cleaning litter box should mean you don’t do anything right?
Have a read of how it works and the reviews too by heading over to Amazon > Click here to check it out on AmazonÂ
- MADE IN USA with global materials - The IRIS USA enclosed kitty litter tray offers a functional and private solution to your cat's bathroom needs. With the front entry kitty litter box, everything stays inside and out of sight, and the enclosed design lessens the prevalence of unpleasant odors in the room, something that's sure to make everyone in the family happy.
- ENCLOSED - The hood of the cat litter pan means more privacy for your cat, less litter spillage, and any spraying remains contained within the tall walls of the kitty litter box. It also functions to keep other pets, such as dogs, out of your cat's business, making for a stress-free environment for everyone.
- TIDY - The entry grate helps to catch any lingering litter particles on your cat's paws and keep them from spilling out onto the floor, keeping the area neat and clean and making clean-up a breeze.
- ORGANIZED - The included scoop features a hook, allowing you to hang it on the inside of the litter box to store it between cleanings and have it within reach whenever it's needed, making the days of hunting around for the scoop a thing of the past.
- GREAT SIZE - Dimensions: 19"L x 15"W x 15"H, Door: 6.5"W x 6.25"H
This unique litter box is a litter box with a lid and without a lid if that makes sense
It’s a litter box but you can attach the hood which gives your cat privacy and prevents litter tracking and any other accidents
It has a frontal spout for easy access
Cleaning is easy too because it has a high polished interior surface
You get a matching litter scoop that clips nicely to the side of the Litter box
You can check it out over at Amazon by clicking hereÂ
Last update on 2022-11-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API