In this article you’re going to learn if cats get bored in apartments
You’ll learn different way on how you can keep your cat entertained in a apartment
So if you want your cat to never be bored then you’re going to love this article
Let’s dive in!
Do Cats Get Bored In Apartments?
If you live in a small apartment and have a cat then you’re probably worried that your cat may get bored
It’s understandable having this concern
There’s not much space for a cat to explore or just to play
But not to worry
There’s plenty of ways keeping your cat entertained
First it’s important to know if your cat is actually bored
Maybe you’re just thinking too much
Let’s look at the signs of a bored cat
Signs Of a Bored Cat
A bored cat can be a risk to your cats health
You should be aware of the signs of a bored cat
Here’s what to look out for
- Litter box issues – Your cat may start to avoid using the litter box
- Over – eating – Have you noticed your cat eating more than he normally does? Is he constantly asking for food? Make a note of this so you’re aware if they’re over eating
- Sleeping More Than Normal – This can be a tricky one because cats love to sleep. They are always taking a cat nap right? I’d love to take a cat nap everyday (If my kids let me!) Anyways, keep an eye out on your cats sleeping patterns. Is he sleeping too much? More than usual? Have you noticed a change in your cats habit of sleeping. You’ll pick it up because you know your cat better than anyone else
- Lack Of Appetite – Over eating can be a sign of boredom but even not eating too. Is your cat avoiding their best food? My cat loves Sheba! What’s your cats favorite brand? Let me know in the comments
- Over Grooming – This again can be difficult to figure out. Cats spend like 30% of their life grooming themselves! So how will you know? Well, you know your cat and how much he grooms so as soon as he starts going over the top then that pretty much is a sign. Another sign to look out for is patches, make sure your cat is not grooming to such an extent where they leave patches on their fur
- Depression – This can be really bad. If your cat is depressed then it’s a sad feeling right? You want your cat to be happy. Look at how your cat is behaving, is he playing less, just sitting doing nothing. These can be signs of cat depression.
So these are some of the signs to look out for if your cat is bored.
The first thing you should do though is get your cat checked out at the vets to make sure they are okay
If the vet says it’s all clear then yes, your cat is most likely bored
Now the question remains?
How Do You Prevent a Cat From Being Bored
There are many ways
I think the number one way is to just
Spend time with them
Just you and your cat
Give your cat attention
And play with your cat
You can use a toy with a string
They love chasing that around
Well my cat certainly does!
Here’s one that you can use
Pretty simple but very effective
I can’t find the one that I have but it is pretty much similar
All you gotta do is make it seem like a prey and wiggle it around slowly
Watch how your cat becomes like a Tiger and wiggles his bum before he pounces!
This is a great way of keeping your cat entertained
The price is really good too
Okay, you must be thinking
“I can’t do this all day!”
And you’re right
You can’t just keep playing with your cat 24 hours
We humans do have a life to live!
So what can you do
Get your cat a cat tree
Cats love them!
And they’ll play on it all day
There’s so many benefits of having a cat tree
Let me ask you?
Do you like your couch?
It’s probably expensive right?
Now imagine that being scratched up by your little furball
I’ve been there!
How much will a new couch cost?
At least over $200
With a cat tree
There’s already scratching posts
And cats do need to sharpen their claws and get rid of their dead skin
Which is why they scratch of course
Your cat will have plenty of scratching posts on a cat tree
Cat trees can be expensive
But you can get really awesome condos for under $100!
I have actually reviewed 5 awesome Cat trees that cost less than $100!
You can check it out by clicking the link below
Won’t a Cat Tree Be Too Big For My Apartment?
It is a concern
Cat trees are big
And they can take up space
But I think it’s very important to get one for your little feline friend
Because when you’re not at home
Then at least your cat can play on the cat tree
It keeps them busy
You don’t want them getting bored
So what cat tree should you get
Lucky for you
I’ve actually written a post about the best cat tree for apartments
Click the link below to check out some awesome recommendations!
You’ll love those cat trees I recommend!
Another cat tree I would recommend you check out is Armarkat Cat tree
The brand itself is pretty popular so you can’t go wrong
I’ve actually written a review on it which you can check out by clicking the link below
Wrapping It Up
Cats can get bored in apartments
But that’s only if you let this happen
You can prevent this
By spending time with them and playing with them
And if you’re at work then investing in a cat tree would be a wise idea
Try to provide your furball with a variety of toys
Another option is to get those toys that are automatic
Something like this
It’s keep your cat busy for sure!
Dead cheap too!
It’s not hard keeping your cat entertained and preventing them from being bored
You can check out my article on keeping cats entertained in apartments
I go into more depth