Should You Leave The Heating On For Your Furbaby?
You can leave the heating on for your cat especially if it’s cold!
Your cat will love to snuggle near the radiator which is what my Cat does!
But there are some points to consider as leaving the central heating on can affect your cat
And what should you do to keep it safe for your kitty?
You’ll learn more about this in the article so carry on reading..
DISCLOSURE: https://catloverhere.com/ is reader supported so if you buy any products featured on this site I may earn an affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my full disclosure here.
The Cold Winter And Your Cat
With the weather becoming cold now
And sometimes below freezing
Us cat parents have a responsibility to make sure our little feline friends are kept warm
So a question that cat parents tend to ask is
If you should leave the heating on all day for your furbaby
The answer to this is very simple
No you don’t need to unless you want to pay a huge bill!
And I know that’s not something you’d want to do
So why I’m I saying no to leaving the heating on?
If you’re out at work then the house will get cold obviously and my cat will feel cold
But this is not true
Your cats internal body temperature is around 3Âºc – 4Âºc higher than of a human
That means your cat will feel comfortable and happy in temperatures that we may not be able to tolerate
So as long as you’re gone away for just a couple of hours it should be okay for your cat
Another thing you can do is,
Leave the heating on for a hour or two before you leave the house
And then you can turn it off after you leave
That way, your house will stay warm for a couple of hours
What Temperature Should I Leave My House For My Cat?
The house temperature you should keep for your cat should be aimed between 65 to 75 degrees Fahrenheit
Can Leaving The Heating On Affect Your Cats Health?
The answer is yes it can
You see, the central heating system can circulate and recirculate dust and other irritants that cause respiratory problems
This can occur when switch on the heating after a long summer
Now if your cat has asthma then it could be a problem
Even if your cat does not have asthma it can still affect them
Not just your kitty, if you have asthma, it’s not good for you too
So here’s what you should do to minimize the impact of the central heating on your cat and you too
Frequently vacuum and clean your carpets.
If you can then remove carpets and put linen flooring if that’s possible. Your cat will enjoy it too because you can create a small ball with tin foil and throw it and watch how crazy your cat goes! Tigger does that and he plays soccer with the ball!
Add a room or home air purifier
Air purifier will clean the air and is good for your household
Something like this looks really good and will do the job in making sure the air is pure and healthy
- OZONE FREE: Levoit air purifiers avoid using UV-C light, an air cleaning method that research has shown can produce harmful ozone and secondary pollution
- HIGH PERFORMANCE: Enjoy fresh air in minutes with the Core 300 True HEPA Air Purifier. Featuring VortexAir Technology and 360° air intake, the Core 300 cleans spaces up to 547 ft² in 30 minutes, 219 ft² in 12 minutes (CADR: 141 CFM / 240 m³/h). Only products over 6 pounds can be equipped with such powerful motors that optimize the air cleaning performance
- FIND RELIF: Ease sneezing, congestion, and other allergy symptoms caused by airborne contaminants. The H13 True HEPA Filter works alongside the Pre-Filter and High-Efficiency Activated Carbon Filter to capture 99.97% of airborne particles 0.3 microns in size, such as dust, smoke, pollen, odor
- OFFICIAL LEVOIT FILTERS: Search for B07RSZSYNC or Core 300-RF to find Levoit's Core 300 replacement filter. Levoit filters provide the best fit and filtration, while off-brand filters are unreliable and may damage the air purifier
- MULTIPLE FILTER CHOICES: Choose from a variety of replacement filters to best meet your needs. The Toxin Absorber Filter specializes in smog, toxins and VOCs. The Smoke Remover filter specializes in wildfire, smoke and etc. And the Pet Allergy Filter helps to capture pet dander and absorb unpleasant odors
You can check it out over on Amazon by clicking here
How You Can Keep Your Cat Warm Whilst You’re Away
We love our cats too much
So I understand we can worry that our cat may still feel cold if the heating is not on
The best way to keep your cat warm indoors is to provide them with a beautiful cosy warm heated cat bed
They’d love that
Have you ever notice you cat loves snuggling up in warm places
Such as near the radiator, where the sun shines, on your bed
A Self Warming Cat Bed
So imagine a self warming heated cat bed?
It’s such a great way to keep your cat warm whilst you’re not in the house.
Imagine you’ll save so much money
You won’t need to worry if your cat is feeling cold because they have a bed that actually heats up
That’s why you should get your cat a self warming cat bed.
- DESIGNED FOR PETS: A safe, electricity-free solution to keeping pets warm and toasty; the bed mat is equipped with a layer of insulating fiber batting and mylar, which reflects body heat to create a warm sleep surface for pets to curl up in cozy comfort
- SLEEP SURFACE: The sleep surface features cuddly soft quilted faux fur that is gentle on noses and paws for enhanced snuggling comfort
- PERFECT FOR TRAVEL: The thermal bed mat is lightweight and portable; it's perfect for crates and kennels, and makes for an ideal bedding accessory for traveling, hiking, camping, picnics, and other outdoor activities
- PRODUCT DETAILS: Cream; Small, 17" x 22" x 0.25"
- AVAILABLE VARIANTS: The bed pad comes in Snow Leopard, Leopard, Black, Espresso, Cream, and Gray; it's also available in Small and Large
You can check it out by clicking here.
It’ll save you money in the long run
But it’s not just about saving money
It’s about our cats
They need to feel warm and cosy when the weather get really freezing
If you’re wondering what is a self warming cat bed then you should check out my article where I go into more detail what it is and how it works
I pretty much answer all the questions you may have
Click the link below to find out more
If you’re thinking about getting one and don’t know which one to purchase for your cat
It can be overwhelming, I mean there are so many out there and you want to make sure you got theÂ bestÂ for your cat right?
I got you covered
I’ve actually written a best heated cat bed review
I talk about the best 3 heated cat beds that you should buy this winter
I know there are some articles that have the best 25 cat beds etc
But for me, having to choose from 25 can be overwhelming itself!
That’s why I have written about only 3 and trust me they are all awesome!
Click the link below to find out more
Trust me your cat will love a heated cat bed
And in return they’ll love you for it too!
You Can Leave The Heating On For Your Cat
You don’t need to leave the heating on if you have gone out
Your cats body temperature is a bit higher than ours so what me may find cold your cat won’t
But that doesn’t mean we don’t need to help them
Cats do get cold too and sometimes they can’t tolerate itÂ
So this is where we step in
To help them feel warm in winter
Because if we don’t they can get sick from the cold weatherÂ
Which is why I recommended that you get your little furball a self warming cat bed
That way your cat can snuggle up in this bed whenever he feels cold and you’re not at home
They are not dangerous or anything
Your cat will appreciate it
Last update on 2022-08-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API