In this article you’re going to learn if heated beds are good for cats
You’ll discover if cats actually like these heated cat beds
Is it worth getting one for winter?
You’ll find out everything
So let’s dive right in!
DISCLOSURE: https://catloverhere.com/ is reader supported so if you buy any products featured on this site I may earn an affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my full disclosure here.
Are Heated Beds Good For Cats?
When the weather gets wetter and colder we want to make sure that our pets are warm and comfortable in the home, so that they donâ€™t get sick.
There are many ways that we can cater for our pets in the winter from making sure that their beds are kept away from drafts, and providing warm blankets, sweaters and cranking up the central heating.
An innovative invention created to keep pets warm is the heated bed, and you may be thinking of investing in one for your cat.
But there is a question that crosses every loving pet ownerâ€™s mind when trying to make their decision
Are heated beds good for cats?
Keep reading to find out!
What Is A Heated Bed For Cats?
A heated bed is a bed designed for your pet cat or dog that contains a removable heat pad with an element that heats up when the pad is plugged into your electricity source.
This provides your cat with a constant source of heat to keep them cosy when the house is cold.
Now during winter, the house does get cold (My house gets very cold!)
The problem is
We go to work so it’s okay for the house to be cold in that period
But what about our little furball?
Keeping the heating on is a option… If you want to pay aÂ very high bill!Â
And if you’re out for 8 hours, you’re not going to keep it on for that long!
This is where a heated cat bed comes in
Your cat can have a very nice nap in it
At the same time feel nice and warm and cosy
You must be wondering
Fine, it’s going to keep my cat warm but are they safe to use?
Are Heated Beds Safe?
When it comes to your pet your number one priority is his safety, so you will be relieved to know that heated cat beds are designed with your catâ€™s needs in mind.
This means that safety precautions have been made and the finished product is considered as safe for itâ€™s intended purpose.
Here are some of the design features you can look out for when choosing a heated bed for your cat, which will help to put your mind at ease.
- Â Â The longer the cord length, the further away from the electricity outlet you can place your catâ€™s bed.
- Â Â Chords should be durable and chew resistant.
- Â Â Built in thermostats mean that the temperature is moderated and regulated for your catâ€™s safety and comfort.
- Â Â Go for beds in which the heating pad is removable as this makes it easier and safer to wash the bed when needed.
So in reality they are safe
So now we know
What is a heated cat bed
Is it safe to use
The next question is
Will my cat actually like a heated bed?
Do Cats Like Heated Beds?
Most cats are suckers for a heated spot, whether it is by the radiator or a sunny patch by the window.
So a heated bed solely for their enjoyment is like a gift sent from heaven.
If your cat doesnâ€™t seem keen on a heated bed that has been bought for him, it may not be the fact that it is heated that puts him off.
Some cats donâ€™t like to have beds with tall sides for example, and prefer to sleep on a mat-style bed or curl up on a cushion.
Some cats prefer to find a covered den to hide out in, or they prefer sleeping higher up in a cat tree.
You may even need to consider whether it is the size or material putting your cat off his new heated bed.
So what is the best heated cat bed out there?
The Best Heated Cat Bed Your Cat Will Lurrvee!
The best heated cat bed?
It’s this one
The picture speaks for itself
I would love to sleep in that myself!
Just look at how cosy it looks
Your cat will love that to bits!
The thermo kitty heated pet bed
Has a nice name to it too right?
You want your cat to stay warm this winter?
Then you need this bed
Your cat needs it
It’ll keep him warm and cosy which is the ultimate objective right?
Here’s some key features
- It warms up to your cats body temperature when they’re using it
- When it’s not in use, it stays 12 -15 degrees above room temperature
- It has a very nice soft and fluffy pillow which makes it really comfortable for your cat
- Soft foam walls to give a cuddly feeling to your cat
- MET safety listed
- Washable covers
It pretty much has everything that a heated cat bed needs right?
The price you ask?
Click the link below to find out
With winter just around the corner it’s important to keep your cat warm and this bed will do the trick!
Are There Any Alternatives To A Heated Cat Bed?
If you are not sure about giving your cat a bed that is connected to an electricity outlet, or you are too worried about cables because you have a young kitten, here are some alternative ways to provide your cat with heated places to sleep.
- Thermal Cat Bed Or Blankets – These are a great alternative to the traditional heated cat bed because they warm up with the catâ€™ own body heat, and this heat is then retained while the cats snoozes. Essentially your catâ€™s heat is being reflected back at him to provide extra warmth.
- Radiator Mounted Cat Hammocks and Ledges â€“ These are great products that are designed to hook onto your home radiators so that your cat has somewhere comfortable to sleep that benefits from the warmth of your central heating.
- Heat Lamps â€“ A lamp wit a bulb that emits heat is a great way to provide your cat with extra warmth if you position it over the place he likes to sleep. Perhaps you have even noticed your cat curling up near your desk lamp or a warm computer before?
So there you have it
Other alternatives out there
But to be honest
I would really recommend a heated cat bed
It’s safe to use
Your cat will love it for sure
It keeps them warm, safe and cosy
What more would your cat want (apart from treats!)
You don’t have to do research to look for the best one
Because the one I recommend and have been in the article is
It’s perfect for your cat
The last thing you want is your cat getting sick in winter
I mean, the vets are not cheap to use
So it’s so important to make sure your cat does not get sick in winter
Not just that
But they deserve to feel warm in winter of course
And providing them with a awesome heated cat bed will do just that!
Great gift too as we head into the festive season!
Wrapping It Up
Are heated beds good for cats?
Yes they are!
And they’re perfect for the winter weather
It something all cat parents should get
If you want your cat to feel warm and cosy this winter then you need a heated cat bed
(Speaking about heated cat bed I need to get one of those electric heated blankets)
But yes, it’s something your cat will love
And I’m sure he’ll love you for it too
The bond between the two of you will of course increase
Our cats, they deserve the best right?
Because winter can be brutal
And cats feel it too
There’s only so much a cat can tolerate in the coldÂ
Let’s keep them warm this winter
They’ll love us for it