If your Cat has started to pee and poo on your Clothes and you’re wondering why then you’re in the right place
- UTI’s or other bladder issues like blockages.
- A dirty litter box that can’t doesn’t want to use.
- Stress causing strange behaviour.
- An older cat that is too tired to walk to the box.
In this article I’m going to talk in detail about why your Cat is peeing and pooping on your clothes
You’ll learn what is causing this problem
In fact, you’ll learn how you can stop this behavior instantly by following this awesome guide (More about this later on)
So if you’re tired of washing your clothes constantly because of Cat pee or Cat poo then you need to read this article
Let’s get started…
DISCLOSURE: https://catloverhere.com/ is reader supported so if you buy any products featured on this site I may earn an affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my full disclosure here.
One quick way to solve this problem is with the downloadable Cat Spray Stop eBook which you can learn more about by clicking the button below…
Possible Reasons Your Cat Is Urinating And Pooping On Your Clothes
When a Cat stops using their litter box and start to do their business in other places such as your clothes then this is a sign of something troubling your Cat
That is why the first thing you should do as soon as you realize this is to take your Cat to the Vets and get him checked out to make sure everything is okay
Cats that are suffering from a condition called UTI (Urinary Tract Infection) are one of the most common reasons a Cat stops using their litter box
Other diseases that a Cat could be suffering from are
Feline Interstitial cystitis
Which is a complex disease that causes inflammation in the bladder and because of this your Cat has the urge to urinate
Bladder Stones Or Blockage
These are some of the diseases that can cause your little furball to urinate outside the litter box
Now I’m not trying to get you scared or saying that your Cat’s health is in danger
But what I’m what emphasizing is you should immediately take your Cat to the vets to ensure everything is okay (I hope it’s all good with your Cat)
So you’ve taken your Cat to the vets and all is good with your Cats health (great!) then you need to look at other factors that is causing your Cat to pee on your clothes and not in the litter box
Detecting UTI’s in Cats
Instead of guessing if your cat has a UTI there’s actually cat litter that TELLS you without a doubt, introducing…
It’s a natural cat litter that monitors your cats health by containing an indicator that changes colour when abnormalities in your cats urine are detected.
- PRIME & REVOLUTIONARY CAT LITTER: Genius Litter is a revolutionary natural cat litter that monitors your cat's health. This premium item contains an indicator that responds to deviating values in the urine such as blood, alkaline, bilirubin, or abnormal PH levels.
- SUPER ABSORBENT: Our non-clump crystal sand cat litter allows urine or pee to be absorbed in seconds, the easiest way to keep your catbox fresh all day long. Plus, cleaning the litter box is quick and easy because it stays dry, leaving no trace. Best of all - no odor - making Alpha Paw cat supplies a great choice for multi-cat families.
- LOW-TRACKING: Our natural cat litter refill items do not contain perfume and will not stick to your cat's paws, preventing any unhealthy licking or messy house tracking. It is all natural, hypoallergenic, contains no chemicals and no additives added, safe for you and your cat or kitten.
- BEST ODOR CONTROL: Help keep the litter box area neat and ready to use for your furry four-legged friend with Genius Litter. This scoopable cat litter stays ultra-clean even after weeks of scooping, creating a more inviting and better smelling litter box.
- TRUSTED BRAND: We only want the best for your furry companion, and we are committed to helping them live happier, healthier, and longer lives. Your pet is special and worth it, which is why we design honest, high-quality products curated by pet parents, for pet parents.
Related article – How to stop a cat from pooping on the floor
Here’s a list of possible common reasons why your Cat is not using the litter box
A Dirty Litter box
If the litter box is dirty then your Cat will not use it.
Cats are very clean animals and a dirty litter box will definitely stop them from using it.
We wouldn’t want to use a washroom that is filthy so similarly your Cat will not want to use a filthy Litter box.
You should try to clean the litter box at least twice a day if that’s not possible then once a day.
If you find that you don’t have much time cleaning the litter box then it might be worth investing in buying a self cleaning litter box
Self Cleaning Litter Boxes on Amazon
Here’s some really awesome self cleaning litter boxes from Amazon you might want to consider…
Why I Like It:
- It’s very easy to use and just takes 2 seconds to scoop the litter
- It looks pretty cool too
- Offers your Cat privacy
- Great for large Cats or multiple Cat households
- THERE IS A NEWER VERSION OF THIS ITEM THE NRA15-V5.0
- Easy to use
- Cleans in seconds. Clean litter drops back into the pan while the waste deposits into a convenient pull-out tray for quick and easy disposal
- Does not require electricity, liners or filters
- Suitable for small to Medium cats
- HANDS-FREE WASTE DISPOSAL - Self cleaning cat litter box with a smart sensor for triggered activation of cleaning cycle. Includes one-month supply of no-touch plastic cat litter bags to use with your cat litter box. Great alternative to traditional cat litter boxes.
- MESS AND ODOR CONTROL - Automatic cat litter box with angled deflector with fins and raised height ensures cat litter clumps stay inside cat litter box litter pan. Cat odor is eliminated with carbon zeolite technology in this automatic litter box. For best results, use lightweight cat litter or less dense cat litter.
- CONVENIENT, COST-EFFECTIVE, EASY TO CLEAN - Being able to choose your favorite lightweight clumping cat litter reduces waste making this litter box much more budget friendly. No need to buy specialized or costly crystal cat litter for your large litter box. Other leading self cleaning litter box and automatic litter box can cost $600.00 annually in refills for one cat. Easy disassembly for cleaning and maintenance with modular components. Clean with pet-friendly soap and water.
- QUIET - Four times quieter than other leading brands of cat litter box automatic self cleaning with no household disruption for your cats or you. Perfect self cleaning litter box for up to 2 cats.
- CUSTOMER CARE & WARRANTY - One-year limited warranty on your electronic automatic cat litter box. Your automatic litter box ships in brown drop-ship box. Not recommended for kittens under 6 months
- AUTOMATICALLY SCOOPS AFTER EVERY USE: Equip with smart-detection motion sensor and removable automatic rake for a convenient cleanup.LOW MAINTENANCE: When used as directed, the Nature’s Miracle Multi-Cat Self-Cleaning Litter Box requires no daily scooping.HARD CLUMPING LITTER ONLY: The Nature’s Miracle Multi-Cat Self-Cleaning Litter Box only works with hard clumping litter.CAUTION: Not intended for use with kittens less than 6 months or weighing less than 5 lbs. If your kitten is under 6 months of age or weighs less than 5 pounds, leave the unit UNPLUGGED and scoop waste until the kitten is 6 months old and weighs more than 5 pounds.
- 24/7 FRESHNESS WHEN USED AND STORED AS DIRECTED: Waste receptacle with carbon filter keeps mess and odor contained. High walls help prevent litter scatter, while the paw cleaning ramp helps prevent tracking around the box
- EXTRA-LARGE BOX: Designed for multiple cats over 15 lb. This litter box is great for frequent travelers, families and children and multi-pet households
- NIGHT LIGHT: Includes night light setting to create nighttime visibility for your cats
- EASY SETUP: Simply refill, relax and remove! For optimal performance, get the full line of Nature's Miracle products - litter, accessories and more
Yes, stress can cause your Cat to stop using the litter box
Your Cat can get stressed due to other Cats coming into your garden or area
Or maybe you’re stressed and your Cat can sense that and become stressed too (Cats are sensitive animals)
A change of routine can cause stress
Maybe you’ve introduced another Cat to the household or there’s an additional member to your family like a baby
These can all cause stress in your Cat.
Using A Cat Calming Pheromone Diffuser Kit
These can help reduce anxiety in cats…
- ✅ VET-RECOMMENDED TO KEEP YOUR CAT CALM + RELAXED - Pet Calming anti anxiety & stress relief products have been vet-reviewed and are vet-recommended to have a full spectrum phermone effect on your pets nerves, support brain function and maintain a calm aggression. This unique product is a sedative supplies for cats, it provides deep sleep for your pet, soothes nerves and causes relaxation leading to sleep
- ✅ DRUG-FREE SEDATIVES FORMULA : The cat calmer plug in emits a copy of the harmony marker pheromone. This allows cats to feel at ease and maintain a harmonious connection with one another.
- ✅ CORRECTION PROBLEMATIC BEHAVIOR: Effective for 90% of cats to reduce fighting with dog, scratching, urine marking, stop peeing, spraying, hiding, and other behavior among multi cats and kitten in the house.
- ✅HOW TO USE: The air diffuser kit covers an area of up to 700 square feet for 30 days of use. After that, you need to replace the oil refill. Plugin upright into a wall outlet with vents facing up and never into power strips. Unsafe use can cause the diffuser's increase odor or leak.
- ✅ FIRST EFFECT: For best aid, keep the diffuser connected for at least 7 days at all times. The classic refills are best replacement collar, travel spray, treats, deterrent, vest, capsules, feli, tablets, way, pills.
Less Litter Box
The general rule is to have one litter box + 1 for your Cat
So basically to have an extra litter box
Cats sometimes like to pee in one and poo in another
If you have only one – try adding an extra litter box and see if that helps
Litter Box Location
If the litter box is near places where your Cat gets scared then this can cause a negative association with the litter box
You should avoid putting the litter box near a dishwasher or dryer or washing machine
The noise can scare your Cat and that can lead to putting off your Cat from using the litter box
If you live in a small apartment then you can check out my article on where to put Cat litter box in a small apartment
The Litter Itself
Sometimes a Cat will stop using the litter box because of the litter
They can be fussy at times (A bit like me! lol)
Consider Softer Litter…
- Natural Cat Litter: Our next-generation, plant-based, premium clumping, super soft cat litter is purrrfect for cats with sensitive paws or even kittens, with a texture similar to clay for easy transitioning.
- Exceptional Odor Control: Wood fiber naturally prevents enzymes from bonding with liquid and waste to stop the creation of ammonia and odor
- Clumping Litter: Precision cut wood fiber absorbs liquid on contact, forming solid, easy-to-scoop clumps that make cleaning the litter box quick and easy
- 99 percent Dust-Free: Our low-dust cat litter is made from clean wood fiber that has been screened and de-dusted for a cleaner pour and a healthier home and no dirty clay dust
- Natural Cat Litter: Our sustainable cat litter is free of artificial fragrance, synthetic chemicals, toxic dyes, and GMOs; unlike clay, our biodegradable, compostable cat litter degrades quickly and cleanly
- absorbent and clean: liquids are absorbed and remain trapped in a thin clump on the surface, leaving both the tray and the remaining litter clean
- eliminates smells: urine is absorbed instantly neutralizing bad odors.
- safe, natural and non-toxic the litter is produced using only vegetable fibers and it’s additive-free, so it’s safe for your cat and the whole family.
- safe, natural and non-toxic: the litter is produced using only vegetable fibers and it’s additive-free, so it’s safe for your cat and the whole family.
- environmentally friendly 100% vegetable and biodegradable, the litter is totally free of additives and toxic agents.
- Elimates Odors - Maximum Odor Control
- Soft on Cat's Paws
- Absorptive surface with 1000's of mini-channels for liquid waste absorption
- Dries solid waste for odor control
- Very Low Dust
Have you changed the litter?
If you have it’s best to introduce it gradually rather than changing it completely
I go into more detail in another article I had written
You can check it out by clicking the link below
Related Article – How to stop your cat from pooping on the floor
Desperate To Get Cat Pee and Poo Stains and Smells Out Your Clothes?
Cat urine and poo stains and their associated smells are nearly impossible to remove from clothes with standard cleaning products due to the smell lingering and the fact your cat may keep peeing and pooing on them multiple times as it still smells the scent.
And sadly it will just get worse over time as the urine and smells compound.
But thankfully there is a solution…
A special Enzyme Cleaner designed specifically to remove cat pee and poo stains and odours, forever and you can find one of the best options available here…
- DESTROY PET STAINS & SMELLS - This Angry Orange odor eliminator and enzymatic pet carpet cleaner combo gives you all the power you need to keep the house smelling fresh and free from stains. Don't let your pet permanently mark their territory around your home.
- CLEANS SURFACES - Our animal spray is a powerful pet urine enzyme cleaner for pee stains and many other accidents including feces and vomit. Works on carpet, wood floors, concrete, tile, couch upholstery, mattress bedding, pillows, car interiors, garbage cans, area rugs and cushions.
- FRESHENS THE AIR - Tired of overpowering animal smells from a ferret cage or rabbit pen? Our dog and cat urine odor eliminator combats the bad kitty stench left in the litter box, dog urine in the yard, on kennel surfaces, or anywhere else the stink of pet waste is a problem.
- CITRUS SCENT - Derived from fresh orange peels, our dog pee spray cleaner and pet odor eliminator for home smell like heaven and work like hell on stubborn messes. Note: Cats & Birds may be sensitive to concentrated levels of certain ingredients.
- SUPER COMBO - We have your back! Whether you're dealing with stains or smells, our pet supplies are backed by our 24/7 customer support. Reach out if you have any questions or concerns.
If your house is currently smelling bad from cat urine or your cat is continuing to urinate around the house then consider this…
A special Pet Smell Odourizer that eliminates odours rather than masks them and it will make your house smell fresh again.
This Pet Smell Odourizer here is specifically designed for this task…
- ZEROTRACE PURE ION , We don't just cover up the problem, we leave ZeroTrace
Get Your Cat To Stop Peeing & Pooing On Your Clothes And Use The Litter Box Instead
If you’re tired of your Cat peeing and pooping on your expensive clothes and want a fast and easy solution then you need to follow this guide I bought personally
This guide is called Cat Spray Stop
it’s a guide that teaches you how to get your Cat to use the litter box.
But don’t you have the information over the internet?
Of course you do
So what makes this guide so special?
it is over 140 pages long which is all about why your Cat is not using the litter box and how you can get them to.
I actually came across this guide last year so I decided to purchase it myself to see what it’s all about.
Here’s the screenshot of my order…
To be honest with you, the sales page does look spammy but trust me when I say this…
I don’t think you’ll find what you’ll learn in this guide on the internet.
It goes so in depth!
The best part?
It’s easy to follow because it’s a step by step system that any Cat parent can follow
What i love about this is you have all the information altogether
What I mean by that is
You don’t have to research or jump from one website to another
it’s all there right in front of you
Researching and getting information from this website and that website can cause your brain to go overload! And that can cause you stress.
Check out Cat Spray Stop eBook today and stop your cat from peeing on your clothes forever…
Cat Peeing and Pooping On Clothes
No Cat parent wants their clothes smelling like Cat urine or being stained with Cat poo
Especially if you wear designer brands
How many times can you clean your clothes before they start to shrink?
It can become expensive!
That’s why you need to understand why your Cat is not using the litter box and peeing on your clothes
In this article I have gone through the why and how you can stop this behavior
But if you’re impatient and want to solve this problem ASAP then you need to check out Cat Spraying No More
This guide will help you all the way
You just follow it and discover different cool ways to get your Cat to use the litter box
I have written an in depth review of this which you can check out by clicking the link below
Instead of buying new clothes every few weeks
It’d be better if you invest in this guide and stop this behavior permanently
Related Article – Cat Peeing On Dog Bed
Last update on 2022-11-09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API