In this article you’re going to learn about why your Cat is starting to pee everywhere after the birth of your baby
You’re going to learn about how you can get your Cat used to the new arrival in your family (Your baby)
You’ll also learn if Cat urine is harmful to your newborn baby
There’s lots to cover
I’ll also reveal this awesome step by step guide that can help you stop your Cat peeing everywhere permanently
Let’s get started
Congratulations on the birth of your new baby!
That’s some great news
For you yes,
Unfortunately for your Cat it may be bad news
Which is the reason your Cat is peeing everywhere after the arrival of your new baby
And I understand it’s driving your insane
Because you’re looking after your baby but then your Cat is giving you more work to do
Let’s first look at why your cat is peeing on baby stuff (which is the last thing you’d want!)
DISCLOSURE: https://catloverhere.com/ is reader supported so if you buy any products featured on this site I may earn an affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my full disclosure here.
Why Is My Cat Peeing All Over My Baby Stuff?
Cats are territorial animals
And when they feel threatened, they mark their territory by peeing on things
It actually be that your Cat is spraying as this is their way of marking their territory
Because all the belongings of your new born baby is all new, your Cat is peeing on your baby’s things to mark them hers
It’s their way of saying this is mine
If your cat has been neutered and is still spraying then you should check out my article
Yes, Cats can get jealous
And especially when a new baby arrives in the family then the attention will go to the baby which can make your Cat jealous
The best thing to do is try to give your Cat the same very attention you did before the baby come
It can be hard but it can be done too!
Another thing is, if your Cat has peed on your baby’s items then it’s a good idea of getting them washed immediately! (Of course)
I would recommend using a cat urine odor that removes the smell of cat urine and the stain too
Something like this
I recommend this because you can use this enzymatic cleaner for other purposes too
Not just cat urine but cleans other things too which I think is a bonus!
You can find out more about this awesome urine remover by clicking here.
How Do I Prepare My Cat For a Baby?
Here’s 6 steps you can follow to prepare your Cat for a new baby
1. Keep a consistent schedule
When a new baby arrives things can get out of hand! Especially your schedule
Trust me, I remember when my little girl was born, everything went pear shaped
My sleep was gone that was for sure lol! (She’s 2 years old now, time flies!)
So now the problem is, your Cat loves routine (Cats are very routine animals)
Try to sort out a schedule for your Cat For example, playing, eating, cleaning the litter box
It might be easier for you to get an automatic feeder as this could make life a little easier for you…
- FEED YOUR PET WHILE YOU’RE AWAY - Schedule up to 4 automated feedings per day using the built-in programmable timer. Program each meal time with a few button clicks on an easy to use LCD screen. Control food portions from 2 teaspoons to 4.5 cups per feeding. NEVER MISS A FEEDING. The WOpet feeder is wall powered and/or battery powered. In case of a power outage, the feeder will continue to function on 3 D-size batteries to assure your pet gets fed (batteries not included).
- CONTROL PORTION SIZE OF EACH FEEDING - Dispense anywhere from 2 teaspoons to 4.5 cups dry food per feeding to sustain any size animal. You can program a unique portion size for each automatic feeding, allowing you to ESTABLISH REGULAR EATING ROUTINES throughout the day without any stress.
- RECORD A CUSTOM MESSAGE FOR YOUR PET - Keep your pet excited about meal times! Press and hold the mic button for three seconds to begin recording a message to be played as each feeding dispenses. (e.g. Here, Fido! Come and eat, boy! Good doggy.)
- OPERATING TIPS - Suitable for dry food only, with the food pellet size ranging from 0.2-0.6 inches in diameter; up to 4 meals a day. The removable hygienic feeding tray is dishwasher safe and easy to clean. LARGE STORAGE COMPARTMENT - The main food storage compartment can hold up to 20 CUPS of food and is removable for easy cleaning and refilling.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE - Customizable Feeder Great for Dogs, Cats and Small Animals of Various Sizes.Provide a interesting living for your pet with our WOPET pet feeder!24-hour professional service center and 365 day technical support.
Try getting family members to help too
You could create a list where family members could see it
2. Introduce Sounds, Sights and Smell Slowly To Your Cat
When a new family member shows up then this can cause your Cat to become scared and feel overwhelmed
It would be a good idea to get your Cat used to what to expect before baby arrives
But if your baby has already arrived then it’s still not too late!
You could try keep them distance for the time being and play sounds of baby crying slowly and then you can gradually increase it till you get to a realistic level. This will help prepare your Cat
Place your newborn baby’s toys around your Cat so he/she can get used to their presence. of new toys etc
Grab some of your baby’s blanket and let your Cat smell it so she’s used to the smell.
Don’t worry if your Cat sprays the clothing, it’s just a way of them marking their territory
This way, it will make it less foreign for them when your Cat sees the baby
3. Avoid Showing Too Much Attention To Your Cat
You must be wondering, “Isn’t it a good thing showing your Cat affection?””
But what tends to happen is, before the baby arrives, so much attention is directed towards the Cat with a good intention because the parents know that the baby will get the most attention when they come into the family
This can have a negative effect because when you’re giving your Cat all that attention, they would then expect that level of attention all the time and when it suddenly stops, your Cats behavior will change and will pee everywhere when she sees the baby now getting all the attention
Don’t get me wrong, you should show your Cat attention all the time but it may be a very good idea to provide your Kitty with some independent toys before the baby has arrived or even when the baby has arrived
Don’t forget to carry on giving your little furball snuggles and cuddles!
Also, do set some time to play one and one with your Cat too
4. Let Your Cat Explore The Baby Room
You should allow your Cat to explore your baby’s room so she can become familiar with all the baby stuff
If you want, you can also place a Cat tree there for a little while because this will make her feel at home in this new baby room
Avoid letting your Cat use the baby crib or sleep in there because if your Cat snuggles too close to the baby mouth this can be dangerous.
Also, your Cat may urinate in the crib so you might want to grab a crib tent which will prevent your Kitty from climbing inside the crib
5. Resolve Any Behavior Issues
If your Cat has some bad behavior problems, it would be a good idea to try and sort this out before your baby arrives
If your baby has already arrived then you’ll need to sort out a schedule and address this behavioral issue
6. Provide Tall Cat Trees For Your Cat
With all the manic and hectic baby activities, your Cat would appreciate to escape from all this especially from those small hands that will want to pull your Cats tail!
Providing your Cat with a Cat tree or even a perch will help your Cat get away from all this chaos but at the same time be in the same room as his slaves (you!)
Cats love high spaces and this will give him a great view of her territory
These are 6 cool ways to get your Cat prepared for a baby
- Come On, Climbing Pros: Often find your cats sleeping up on your cupboard or hanging out on your kitchen cabinet? It’s time to offer them this 75.2-inch tall cat tree, which will be their new favorite spot to climb, nap, and observe the house
- Cozy Day and Night: Take a sunbath in the fluffy hammock, stretch a little bit on the padded top perch, curl up in the spacious cat cave for a sweet night’s sleep...your cat knows all the cozy spots!
- Reliable Stability: Do you have an energetic cat? No problem. With a reinforced base and anti-tip kit, this cat tower is safe and stable for cats to jump up and down. So, let your little furballs run wild at will!
- Scratch, Scratch: Your cats like to scratch? Yes! But do you like them damaging your furniture? No! Well, this cat condo has sisal-wrapped scratching posts so your cats can let off steam in this area and let your sofa go
- Make Your Friends Happy: Spoil your cats with this tall cat tree so they won't feel lonely when you’re away, and let them play and relax in comfort
- 【 ALL- IN-ONE SPOT FOR YOUR KITTY 】-The MWPO 63.8-Inch Cat Tree is the ultimate all-in-one spot for your kitty to do all the things she loves, from lounging to leaping to honing her expert hunting skills.
- 【NO MORE SCRATCH!】- The multi-tiered tower replicates the cat’s natural outdoor environment and expends the activity space for cats vertically in your room. Frisky cats can jump from perch to perch and climb to the top of the lookout tower. Carefully placed dangling toys give kitty the thrill of the hunt as she bats them around till her heart’s content.
- 【PET-FRIENDLY MATERIALS】- Constructed by high-quality natural particle boards, the reinforced base plate, skin-friendly plush covering, and Natural sisal scratching posts, this cat activity tree is designed to offer a safe, sturdy and stable home and entertaining center for your little angels.
- 【MUST HAVE FOR FAMILIES WITH MULTIPLE CATS】- It can easily house 2-3 medium/large cats, which is an ideal and cost-effective piece for multi-cat families. Overall:63.8'' H x 19.7'' W x 19.7'' L | Base Board Size :19.7'' W x 19.7'' L | Size of Condo：10.2'' H x 11'' W x 11'' L | Weight : 29 lbs
- 【CUSTOMER-ORIENTED PRINCIPLE】- MWPO provides you with professional customer service both before and after your purchase. If you have any not satisfied with our cat tower, please contact us, we must resolve to your satisfaction, this is our first priority.
- Take Your Thrones, King and Queen: Tall at 81.1", this cat tree offers a perfect place for your cats who love high places. Now, everything is just under your control, your majesty
- Cat Room Tour: The 1st floor, a playground for cats to roll around. The 2nd floor, a hammock for relaxing. The 3rd floor, a cave as a bedroom and a basket as a sunbath lounger. The 4th floor, another bedroom. The top? You know that, the thrones
- No Wobbles, Your Majesty: Featuring a reinforced base for extra stability and an anti-tip kit for added safety, this cat tower is strong and stable for an energetic cat climbing up and down, even if you have several
- Let the Sofa Go: Your sofa has suffered a lot from those restless claws? It won’t anymore! With sisal-covered scratching posts on each level of the cat condo, your cats will find the right place to let off steam
- Make Your Cats Happy: Spoil your cats with this cat activity center so they won't feel lonely when you’re away, and let them play and relax in comfort
7. Make Sure Your Cats Litter Box Is Always Clean
Cats won’t go near a soiled litter box so if it’s dirty they’ll look for somewhere else to pee, don’t give them any excuse, you don’t want cat urine near your babies things.
Either clean the box regularly enough right after the cat has used it or if that’s not possible, use a Robotic Litter Box…
- Self cleaning
- Odor eliminations
- Google and Alexa voice controls
- Advanced sensors and radars to keep your kitty safe
- Smart connected app
- Triple layer safety protections
- Free Shipping (US only)
- 90 Day Trial
- 1 Year Warranty
Can Cat Urine Hurt My Baby?
Cat urine has ammonia which is highly concentrated
Being exposed to Cat urine for a long period can cause serious health issues
The best thing to do is to make sure you clean the Cat pee as soon as possible
I know people say to use vinegar or baking soda but I believe you need to use those products that are designed to actually eliminate the odor completely
Those products have enzymatic cleaners in them
I actually have written a article on what is the best Cat urine odor remover
You can check it out by clicking here
If you catch your Cat peeing other than the litter box than make sure it’s cleaned up thoroughly straight away
Why Is My Cat Peeing Everywhere After New Baby Is Born?
If your Cat has started peeing everywhere or urinating on your baby items after the introduction of a new baby then most likely you have unfortunately done this wrong!
But it’s not too late as you can still get your little kitty used to your newborn baby
It may take some work and time but surely your Cat will accept your baby as one of her own
I’ve mentioned in the article on how you can get your Cat prepared and if you follow these steps then for sure your Cat will stop peeing everywhere or on your baby’s stuff out of jealousy or marking their territory
If you feel like this behavior is not stopping and your just continuous to pee everywhere then you need to look deeper into this problem
It can be frustrating and challenging too – especially with a newborn baby in the house
That is why I recommend you check out Cat Spraying No More
This is a guide that will guarantee help you in going to the root of the problem and actually solving it too
I know you don’t have time to do research for this and that
It’s best to have something all in one right? Like this guide
All you have to do is follow the step by step system
And trust me, anyone can follow it
And the best part?
It’s worked for many Cat parents including me, look here’s proof I bought it…
You can check out my in depth review of Cat Spraying No More and see if this can help you (I’m sure it will)
Click here to read my Cat Spraying No More Review
I believe it’s best to follow a step by step guide rather than looking for answers because it can become overwhelming and that’s the last thing you want with a Newborn baby
If your cat is pooping everywhere too then you should check out my article – How to stop a cat from pooping on the floor
Related Article – Cat Peeing On Dog Bed
Last update on 2022-05-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API