Do You Leave Your House Stressed Because Your Cat Is At Home?
Are you worried your neutered Cat is going to mark his territory?
Because the worst thing for every Cat parent is to come home from a hard days work or just waking up in the morning only to smell Cat urine has literally engulfed the whole house!
I mean just a little drop of Cat urine somewhere has such strong odor it can smell for days, weeks even months!
And not only that
It smells the whole room up
What makes things even more worse is
You have no idea where that smell is coming from!
So you’re basically sniffing around like a Police dog that is looking for drugs!
This can be really frustrating and annoying
I know how you feel
Because my Cat would love to mark his territory
He would come from the Garden and all of a sudden spray somewhere in the house
Oh did I mention that he is neutered?
Neutered Cats do still spray unfortunately
They’re not just spraying for the sake of it
Or to just get on your nerves
There are reasons for this
And I’m going to talk about the different reasons your neutered kitty is spraying
So carry on reading
One of the questions Cat parents ask is How to stop a neutered cat from spraying?
Or even Do male cats spray after being neutered?
And the answer is yes
I know that is not the answer you are looking for
But it’s the truth
We as Cat parents need to understand why are neutered Cats still spraying?
I mean what is the reason?
We need to dig deep and play detective mode
Because a neutered Cat or even just a Cat will not just start spraying for no reason
Something is causing this behavior
DISCLOSURE: https://catloverhere.com/ is reader supported so if you buy any products featured on this site I may earn an affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my full disclosure here.
The Quickest Solution To Stop Your Cat From Spraying Ever Again…
I came across this guide called Cat Spray Stop.
This is a guide that stops Cats from spraying or peeing outside the litter box and in the same spot over and over so if you want a QUICK solution check it out here…
How To Stop a Cat From Spraying After Neutering
Let me tell you why your little feline friend could be spraying
One of the main reasons your Cat is spraying is because of
Yes, Cats can get stressed too
When Cats get stressed they resort to spraying and marking their territory
They do this because that particular place they have sprayed is now marked with their own scent
Which basically gives them reassurance.
When your Cat is stressed then he will most likely avoid using the litter box
Behave in a aggressive manner
They could get depressed and have withdrawal symptoms
Stress can have a very negative impact on your Cats life
That is why it is important to make sure your Cat is healthy and happy
What causes stress in your Cat?
There are a number of causes that can get your Cat stressed
Let’s go through the different reasons that causes stress in your Cat
- A visit to the Vets
Just as how a small child don’t want to go to the doctors because they are afraid they may get an injection, your Cat can get stressed when you are planning on taking your Cat to the vets
- Changes in the household or moving to a new home
Cats love routine and as soon that is disrupted or changed then this unsettles your Cat
Cats don’t like change
They want everything to stay the same and as soon as change happens they hate (Like me, I hate change too lol)
- Adding another Cat or a new Family member
Cats are very territorial and as soon as a new Cat or Dog enters their territory (Your house is your Cats territory now) then this is a serious threat to your Cat which ultimately results in your Cat marking his territory by spraying! Even if it’s a new baby or relative that has just moved in.
- Changing the routine
Similar to moving homes or a new environment as I mentioned that Cat loves routine. If they are use to sleeping at a certain time, groom themselves and then head straight to the food bowl to have food but one day there’s no food there, then this can be a cause for stress to your Cat
- The Cat Parent being stressed
Look, we all can get stressed.
Work can be very stressful
Financial times can hit us
Or even just family trouble
All this can lead one to get stressed
And when we are stressed our Cat feels this and this can also cause them to be stressed!
Cats are emotionally intelligent and they can sense when their “Slave” (We are their slaves in their eyes!) are stressed.
Cats are very intelligent animals.
These are some factors that can cause your Cat stress
It’s very important we make sure we understand what is causing our Cats to be stressed and then find a solution to that
I have written a very in depth article on how to calm a stressed Cat down.
You can check it out by clicking here
- FELIWAY Optimum is a new pheromone discovery, and the best FELIWAY answer to help reduce common signs of stress in cats such as: scratching, urine spraying, tension and conflicts between cats, fears, and reactions to changes
- 93% of cat owners report enhanced calming, with an average satisfaction rating of 9.1 out of 10
- FELIWAY Optimum is a drug free solution that helps cats with more signs of stress, in more situations, and calms cats better than ever; FELIWAY is supported by 25+ years of feline stress expertise
- FELIWAY Optimum Refill covers up to 700 square feet; make sure to plug your diffuser in with the vents up, and for the best results, position the diffuser where your cat spends most of his or her time - avoid plugging the diffuser in under shelves and behind doors, curtains, or furniture
- This product includes 1 refill that will last for up to 1 month (diffuser not included); you must use a Feliway Optimum diffuser with this refill (do not use with a different diffuser); to maximize effectiveness replace the refill once a month and the diffuser every 6 months
The Scent of Cat Urine May Be A Problem
Another reason why your Cat may be spraying is because the scent of Cat urine is there
This will bring him back to the same spot to spray again
What you would need to do is
Clean the urine to such an extent that the urine odor is completely gone
What we think is if we just clean it with vinegar and baking soda that would do the trick
But that is not the case
I’ll tell you why
In the Cat urine there are some organic compounds which is found and that is a strong smell (I’m sure you know what I’m referring too)
Some of the compounds are water soluble but there are uric acid which is not soluble by water
This is where us Cat parents go wrong
That uric acid that is still there
Your Cat could then still smell his scent which will make him come back again
What you need to use to clean Cat urine is something that has Enzyme cleaners in them
These enzyme will break the uric acid which basically means it will get rid of the scent completely.
This is one of the best options on the market right now….
- DESTROY PET STAINS & SMELLS - This Angry Orange odor eliminator and enzymatic pet carpet cleaner combo gives you all the power you need to keep the house smelling fresh and free from stains. Don't let your pet permanently mark their territory around your home.
- CLEANS SURFACES - Our animal spray is a powerful pet urine enzyme cleaner for pee stains and many other accidents including feces and vomit. Works on carpet, wood floors, concrete, tile, couch upholstery, mattress bedding, pillows, car interiors, garbage cans, area rugs and cushions.
- FRESHENS THE AIR - Tired of overpowering animal smells from a ferret cage or rabbit pen? Our dog and cat urine odor eliminator combats the bad kitty stench left in the litter box, dog urine in the yard, on kennel surfaces, or anywhere else the stink of pet waste is a problem.
- CITRUS SCENT - Derived from fresh orange peels, our dog pee spray cleaner and pet odor eliminator for home smell like heaven and work like hell on stubborn messes. Note: Cats & Birds may be sensitive to concentrated levels of certain ingredients.
- SUPER COMBO - We have your back! Whether you're dealing with stains or smells, our pet supplies are backed by our 24/7 customer support. Reach out if you have any questions or concerns.
If your house is currently smelling bad from cat urine or your cat is continuing to urinate around the house then consider this…
A special Pet Smell Odourizer that eliminates odours rather than masks them and it will make your house smell fresh again.
This Pet Smell Odourizer here is specifically designed for this task…
- ZEROTRACE PURE ION , We don't just cover up the problem, we leave ZeroTrace
You can check out my article on how to get rid of Cat spray smell
If you ever catch your Cat spraying then whatever you do, please do not shout at them or even worse hit them!
This will just have a negative impact on them
This will also cause them to spray more because shouting at them will stress them out
Remember as I mentioned earlier, Cats are very intelligent animals
They are also sensitive
Punishing your Cat will get you nowhere
Rather, if you do see them spraying then try to distract them with a toy and grab their attention like that
I don’t mean to sit there all day with a toy until you see your Cat spray
What I’m saying is, you can have a toy ready beside you when you’re with your Cat
And if you see him going in another room then follow him and see what he’s doing
That’s what I do
If your Cat does get distracted with the toy and does not spray
Then reward them with a treat
They will soon start to associate that if they don’t spray they will get a treat
Stopping A Cat From Spraying After Neutering
Your Cat spraying is natural
It’s their behavior
According to them they are not doing anything wrong
The main thing here is to be patient
This behavior will stop
It just take time
I had this same problem too
And It is annoying and frustrating
The worst part?
When your own family members start to say “Get rid of the Cat!”
That’ll never happen
How could you get rid of family right?
The thing is, this problem of spraying is not going away
And the demand to get rid of the Cat gets stronger
Relationships start to become strained
Stress, mentally exhausted, sick and tired, frustrated – These are just a few feelings you will feel
To be honest with you
It is hard work and requires patience to get your feline friend to stop spraying
You can search all over the Internet taking in every piece of advice you can get to help you solve this Cat marking problem
Let me tell you though, this will take time and can become information overload!
You’ll become overwhelmed!
Do You Want a Quick Way To Stop A Neutered Cat From Spraying?
Yep, you can stop your Cat from spraying in a much quicker way
How’s that you ask?
By following this awesome step by step guide called Cat Spraying No More
That is what I did.
I came across this guide called Cat Spray Stop.
This is a guide that stops Cats from spraying or peeing outside the litter box and in the same spot over and over.
It’s a full in-depth guide on why Cats avoid using the litter box
What I loved about this is it’s so easy to follow step by step system that any Cat parent can follow
You learn so much from this guide about the different reasons your Cat is not using the litter box and gives you solutions to this problem
And trust me, this will be a big help to ALL Cat parents.
It’s about over 140 pages long but with tricks and advice on how to stop your cat peeing outside the litter box
You don’t have to go out and grab this as it gets sent to you via email straight away
And you can start to read and implement what you learn straight away
I know how it is with a cat peeing in the house ut can be really frustrating dealing with urine all over the house and I just could not take it anymore!
I had enough of this urine problem myself.
But I didn’t just stop there, I actually bought Cat Spray Stop
Here’s a screenshot of my order when I purchased it…
And you know what, I think this guide is something all Cat parents need
It is the solution to your Cat spraying problem or your Cat peeing outside the litter box
Last update on 2023-01-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API