I think you’ll agree with me when I say
The most frustrating problem for Cat parents is Cat urine behavior problems.
Well, In this article I will show you everything you need to know about Cat urine behavior problems
First I’ll show you what type of Urine behavior problems they are
We’ll talk about what causes this problem
Then I’ll help you solve these problems.
Sound good? Let’s get straight into it!
When your Cat decides to NOT use the litter box provided, and urinates elsewhere, this can be really annoying
This can make you want to tear your hair out!
The whole house smell like Cat urine odor
And you don’t even know where it is coming from
It can be very frustrating
What’s worse is when your family starts worrying.
“Is he sick?”
“Should we bring the vet in?”
“What needs to be done?”
Relationships are now getting strained too now!
I mean, you don’t want to get rid of your little kitty
But the problem persists
I know the feeling
I’m a proud Cat parent too myself
I have dealt with this problem
And in this article I am going to help you bring a solution to this
Here’s the best part
It’s a permanent solution to this problem
We’ll talk more on that later on
First thing is we need to identify the different reasons why your Cat is all of a sudden urinating everywhere
Why this problem has started
It’s important to look deep into the root of the problem and understand this Cat behavior
So let’s see why your Cat is behaving in this manner
Cat Urine Behavior Problems – The Why?
I get when a Cat decides to avoid the litter box it can be very frustrating!
I cannot even tell you the amount of times I have had to clean up Cat urine because of my Cat
But the truth is, our Cat cannot talk to us
So this inappropriate urinating is a sign or a way for your Cat telling us that something is wrong.
Your Cat could be feeling stressed
If your Cat is stressed then he will most like avoid using the litter box and urinate anywhere in the house!
If you want to know more about Cats being stressed and how to help them, then check out How to calm a stressed cat down
Or another reason why your Cat is urinating elsewhere is he could be suffering from a medical condition
The reason why is because your Cat won’t just stop suddenly using the litter box and pee everywhere in the house
There are a number of different medical conditions that your Cat may be suffering from
- Kidney problems
- UTI (urinary Tract Infections
- inflammatory diseases of the bladder
- stones or crystal formations in the bladder
That is why I stress you ensure a trip to the vets is very important!
This is the first thing you should do if you see that your Cat has started to urinate anywhere and everywhere
Marking his/her territory
Cats are very territorial animals
And as soon as they fear their territory is in danger they will mark their territory
What do I mean by “Danger”
When another Cat has entered into their territory
- A new Cat in the neighborhood has started entering the Garden
- Introduction of a new Cat
- Rearranging the furniture
- Moving houses
These sudden change in environment or a new Cat entering the neighborhood or the house can make your Cat feel threatened.
This leads your Cat to mark his territory
You can read more about this behavior by checking out my other article how to stop a Cat from spraying indoors
Most frustrating and the most common problems us Cat owners face is the avoidance of the litter box
I’m sure you fellow Cat parents would agree with this!
I mean, the litter box is right there but they go and urinate elsewhere
It makes you want to tear your out right?
Not to worry because we’re going to find out why our little kitty is avoiding the litter box
Cats are clean animals
And just how we would not want to use a toilet that is filthy a Cat is the same
So what I’m basically saying is
Make sure you clean the litter box regularly
Other reasons why your Cat may be avoiding the litter box is
- The location of the litter box – Make sure the litter box is located somewhere safe in the house. A place where your Cat can easily access it. Don’t put the litter box near their food or a washing machine as this can scare them
- Add more litter box – Cats tend to pee in one litter box and poo in another. If you have more Cats then the recommendation is to have at least 2 litter boxes per Cat. Try adding more litter box and see how that helps
- Type of Litter – Cats can be very fussy and picky (My Cat is very fussy with his food!) and sometimes they won’t use the litter box due to the litter. Try using different litter gradually and see if that makes a difference
- Dirty Litter Box – Just how we would not want to use a filthy toilet a Cat would not want to use a litter tray that is not cleaned regularly. Cats are very clean animals so they expect a clean litter box! (Yeah I know more work for us!)
This litter box looks really awesome from the store Entirely pets
These are some of the reasons why your Cat is not using the litter box.
I have a written a more in depth article on how to get your Cat to use the litter box
You can also check out this video on how to stop your Cat from spraying indoors
To be honest it can be a big headache figuring out why your Cat is not using the litter box
It will take a lot of detective work and analyzing this behavior
If you go through the points mentioned above that will give you a starting point.
My Cat would literally drive me insane with this behavior.
The smell of Cat urine engulfing the whole house was not something I was happy about
It is frustrating
I’m sure you can relate
I wanted to get to the root of this Cat urine behavior problem
I was tired of buying this cleaning product and that UV light
You know, it all adds up and can become very expensive
So after doing research and trying to figure out myself how to stop this behavior I realized I needed some sort of help or guidance
There are 2 options that were available to me
One is a guide called CatSprayStop
So what is this guide?
It’s a all encompassing guide that is designed to show Cat owners an easy to read and easy to use method to stop their Cats from spraying, in a fast and efficient way.
This guide is created by a Vet specialist and Cat specialist Susane Westinghouse
And according to Susane, Cat spray stop is perfect for those Cat parents who are
- Caring but cool headed
- Action-orientated and able to follow through
- Able to invest small amount of time to implement the method
- Frustrated, sick and tired of cleaning walls, furniture, windows every time your Cat decides to mark his territory!
What topics does this guide cover?
- The history of interaction between human and Cats
- The psychology of Cats
- Myths and misconception about Cats
- The importance of understanding your Cat
- What causes bad behavior in your Cat
- How to address bad behavior
- What causes Cat spraying
- How to stop Cat spraying
- How to prevent spraying in the future
- How to tackle other litter problems, such as inappropriate urination
This guide pretty much covers all aspects of stopping this behavior by first framing the problem and then continouing by offering an understanding of it’s causes, it’s only natural that the custom tailored solutions that it provides help fix this smelly problem in no time.
You can find out more by clicking here
The other guide is called Cat Spraying No More
I won’t go into much detail what is Cat spraying no more as I have written a in depth review of this guide.
You can check it out by clicking here
Both guides are amazing and will help Cat parents solve this most common problem we face with our Cats.
I decided to purchase Cat spraying no more
The reason why is because it has an in depth solution to this problem
I know both guides have this solution but I was able to get a $10 off coupon code for Cat spraying no more
And you can get this coupon code too!
Here’s a video testimonial for Cat Spraying No More